LISBON Summer 2017 : on-site applications due June 18
for on-site participants in LISBON at REDUCED tuition
€ 320 @ 6 European University Credits (ECTS)
LISBON Summer 2017 : remote applications due June 30
for remote participants in MANILA at regular tuition
€ 480 @ 6 European University Credits (ECTS)
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the Application Procedure?
- To apply, please carefully review all the information on this page.
- If you have any lingering questions, please send us a message using the Contact Form.
- Complete and submit the Application Form below. *Please be sure to attach your Portfolio PDF file.
- All applications will be reviewed within 72 hours. If you wish to contact us about the status of your application, please wait until after this review period.
- Due to recent external support, starting May 15, 2017, tuition for all new applicants to SITREP.at LISBON Summer 2017 is uniformly reduced to € 320. (Reduction is for on-site participants only.)
- Applications for remote participants in MANILA are due June 30 at the regular tuition of € 480.
(Updated May 15, 2017.)
2. What is the Portfolio Requirement?
A single PDF file, letter/A4-sized, consisting of an 8-page portfolio, 15Mb max. file.
(Revised January 31, 2017.)
3. What is the Early Application?
Applicants are eligible for tuition discounts and a limited number of full scholarships by submitting their applications early.
Full scholarship enrollment requires the fulfillment of certain obligations relating to the logistics of operating the Design Studio, e.g. – controlling studio access, equipment monitoring, general communications, and exhibition coordination.
Due to recent external support, starting May 15, 2017, tuition for all new applicants to SITREP.at LISBON Summer 2017 is uniformly reduced to € 320, for on-site participants only.
(Revised May 15, 2017.)
4. What are the Program Prerequisites?
SITREP.at Design Studios are intended for advanced undergraduate students or recent graduates of accredited programs in Architecture and Urban Design. (However, depending upon the submitted portfolio, applicants with other backgrounds may also be considered. If you have any questions, please contact us using the Contact Form below.)
All Participants in the studio must:
- Have completed at least 2 years of undergraduate education, or 1 year of graduate education, in the fields of Architecture, Urban Studies, or Urban Planning. The studio is also open to practicing professionals.
- Participate in the entire design studio.
- Commit to working in teams of two or three, rather than working independently.
- Commit to working in the dedicated studio space every day, including over the weekends.
- Be competent in written and spoken English.
- Be competent in using the software specified under Equipment Requirements.
- Complete a Foundational Review Exercise for the start of the studio.
- Submit a completed Participant Agreement prior to the start of the studio, which includes a Intellectual Properties/Rights Agreement.
5. What are the Equipment Requirements?
All Design Studio participants must bring their own wifi-capable laptop or desktop computer (and monitor) running Windows or Mac OS and, at a minimum, educational versions of the following software:
- Autocad 2010 or higher.
- Rhinoceros 5 with renderers.
- Sketchup 8 with renderers.
- Adobe CS6 (minimum) Indesign, Illustrator, Photoshop, and Acrobat X.
- Microsoft Office (with Powerpoint) or Apple iWorks (with Keynote).
6. What happens if I am accepted to the studio?
If you are accepted into our intensive, on-site design studios, please send a non-refundable, Registration Deposit of €250 within 7 days of receiving your Acceptance Letter. (This deposit may be sent via Paypal to: firstname.lastname@example.org, or via our Tuition Payment page.) Subsequently, the balance of the full tuition will be due 10 days before the start of the studio.
All Registration and Tuition payments must be received by these due dates in order to ensure your enrollment.
Further details of the Registration and Enrollment process will be included in your Acceptance Notice.
7. Are there any contingencies for the studio?
In the event that the application enrollment for a specific design studio is below the minimum number required for us to operate the studio, or in the event of studio logistics preventing the operation of the studio, your Deposit will be REFUNDED and the studio will be canceled.
Any and all payments will be fully refunded within 7 days of the cancellation of the studio.
8. Do you provide housing for studio participants?
We do not provide housing for studio participants. However, once the final studio enrollment is established, we will help connect you with local residents and fellow students to facilitate your lodging for the duration of the studio.
9. What if I have more questions?
Just use the Contact Form below to reach us. We will reply ASAP.
SITREP.at Application Form
Application is FREE. If you are accepted, instructions for tuition payment will be sent separately.